Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Painting Again and update...

Hey everybody! Boy it's been awhile. I've gotten back into painting and should hopefully upload more photos too. I got some Tau stuff I've been cooking up too. I've used lots of washes, and highlights on my Kroot and need to paint another Kroot squad.
On the other hand I need 6 heavy bolster attack bikes too so that will be a little while till I can get more built. I'm in the process of scrounging through my bits to see what kind of funky contraptions can my "master of the forge" unleash into the enemy. They will most likely be different from
My floating attack bikes though. Most won't look much alike either but it doesn't matter because I need to save $$$. $25 a pop is too much for what I need each biker to do,which isn't very much since its all bout the fluff for me. Besides I gotta gear up for 6th Ed. Since there's gonna be less power armpit on the table I may as well (new tau, eldar, necrons, dark eldar, nids, etc) get me some more long range anti infantry power. I mean Predators do enough with that but I need more than just that...those bikes will do that job. On the other hand I can't always rely on armour to do everything right? Besides they blow up a lot and it's nice to have a little change in play style along with some interesting flavors to add to my space marine collection. Sure the bikes will get wiped most of the time. But that's what happened when I play multimelta bikers. This time they will go in reserve and move out backfield and shoot. Everything else will be supporting them and there are nastier targets besides the attack bikes. Well that is that. I will build 6 more attack bikers and that will set me up for a little while till I actually get a job perhaps and score a couple of bucks while I'm in college which isn't too faraway. More to come...BTW thanks Ivan for the painting pep talk. I'll keep trying;)

No comments:

Post a Comment